Le 22 juillet 2016, 05:43 dans Humeurs • 0
- Product Specification: 99.5%
- Foodchem Code: S3901
- Test Method: HPLC
- Payment Terms: L/C,D/A,D/P,T/T,O/A
- Delivery time: 2-3 Weeks
- CERTIFICATION & CREDIT
Gallic acid is a trihydroxybenzoic acid, a type of phenolic acid, a type of organic acid, also known as 3,4,5-trihydroxybenzoic acid, found in gallnuts, sumac, witch hazel, tea leaves, oak bark, and other plants.The chemical formula is C6H2(OH)3COOH. Gallic acid is found both free and as part of hydrolyzable tannins. The gallic acid groups are usually bonded to form dimers such as ellagic acid. Hydrolysable tannins break down on hydrolysis to give gallic acid and glucose or ellagic acid and glucose, known as gallotannins and ellagitannins respectively.
Gallic acid forms intermolecular esters (depsides) such as digallic and trigallic acid, and cyclic ether-esters (depsidones).
Gallic acid is commonly used in the pharmaceutical industry. It is used as a standard for determining the phenol content of various analytes by the Folin-Ciocalteau assay; results are reported in gallic acid equivalents. Gallic acid can also be used as a starting material in the synthesis of the psychedelic alkaloid mescaline.
The name is derived from oak galls, which were historically used to prepare tannic acid. Despite the name, gallic acid does not contain gallium. Salts and esters of gallic acid are termed "gallates".
|Appearance||White to beige powder|
|Solubility(Color)||Faint yellow to dark yellow|
|Solubility(Turbidity)||Clear to very slightly hazy|
|Loss on drying(%)||10.0 Max|
|Heavy metals(ppm)||15 Max|
Why choose Foodchem
• TOP 10 Food enterprise in China
• Over 9 years of experience
• Wholly owned production plant (1200㎡)
• Sales to more than 70 countries
• 200 products with competitive price
• FCL, 2-5mt LCL, long contract, year contract available
• Halal, Kosher, ISO 9001 certified
• High quality products, complying with BP/USP/FCC/EU standard
• 1000 ㎡ owned office and 3000 ㎡ warehouse